To facilitate replies to various queries of the general public on matters relating to securities market, SEBI has undertaken an initiative and launched toll free helpline service number. The Toll- Free helpline nos. are
1800-266-7575 or 1800-22-7575
The toll free helpline service is available to investors from all over India and is in 8 languages viz. English, Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Tamil, Bengali, Telugu, Kannada. The toll free helpline service is available on all days from 9:00 A.M to 6:00 P.M (excluding declared holidays).
The following services are available to the investors on the toll free helpline number Guidance pertaining to -
- Status of companies - whether unlisted, sick, delisted, liquidated /wound up etc.
- Changes in names of companies pursuant to amalgamation/merger/demerger etc.
- Details of Registrar and Share Transfer Agent of a listed company.
- Details and Information on names and addresses of various registered intermediaries of SEBI
- Where to get information on regulatory action taken by SEBI?
- Where to get information on corporate action like Dividend, Bonus, Right issue etc?
- Where to get Latest Net Asset Value (NAV) for a mutual Fund Scheme?
- How to lodge a complaint with SEBI?
- Against whom to lodge a complaint on SCORES?
- Status of complaint lodged with SEBI.
- Names and addresses of various Registrar of Companies, Official liquidators, BIFR etc.
- The regulators/authorities whom the investor has to approach for redressal of their grievances that are not under SEBI purview ex: RBI, IRDA, PFRDA, MCA etc.
- Assistance in procedures viz.
- How to open demat /client account etc?
- Transfer of shares.
- Transmission of shares.
- Documents required for transfer/transmission of shares.
- Information on what to do if shares are lost/forged/fake.
- Procedure for applying for duplicate shares.
- How to apply in an IPO?
- Names and address of companies of who have filed their offer documents with SEBI.
The helpline service does not offer any legal opinion or investment advice to the investors.